1. Must have 3D Modeling Experience – software can vary (Solidworks preferred)
2. Participate as a member of the Engineering team, working to design custom manufacturing equipment.
3. Will work within a cross functional team, including representatives from Business Development, Production, Product Design, Manufacturing Engineering, Controls Engineering, and outside vendors.
4. Candidate must have 3D CAD experience, a knowledge of automation, is a motivated self-starter, detail oriented, strong communication, and organizational skills.
5. Use project management skills to implement turnkey designs for new assembly and test equipment.
6. Design fixtures, tools, and processes for safe and efficient manufacture, in-process inspection, and test of products.
7. Coordinate with internal and external resources (suppliers) to manage system builds and ensure timelines and performance criteria are met.
8. Coordinate with Electrical and Controls group during design and start up phases of projects.
9. Provide general engineering and CAD support to the machine build shop as required. Provide support during run-off phase of machine build projects.
10. Design manufacturing equipment by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
11. Improve manufacturing efficiency by considering space requirements and floor layout.
12. Knowledge of automation, controls, pneumatics, and pipe design is a plus
13. General familiarity with technology commonly used in manufacturing systems.
14. Must be able to develop new equipment from concept through launch.
15. Creative ability to conceptualize early on in a project
16. Basic knowledge of machining practices and how part tolerances affect machining requirements and cost.
17. Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
18. Knowledge of material properties (machinability, weldability, heat treatment, corrosion resistance, etc).
19. Ability to work productively, maintain project timelines, and within a project budget
20. Ability to work within a team and independently without constant supervision
21. Proficiency in MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
22. NO DEGREE REQUIRED