The second annual South Carolina Aerospace Conference and Expo announces that Don Myers of Toray Composites Inc. and David Reese of IBM have been added to the speaker lineup for the conference, which will be held on Aug. 26-27, 2015 in Columbia, S.C.
Don Myers, a native South Carolinian, is the Senior Manager of Aerospace Sales and Marketing at Toray Composites (America) Inc. in Tacoma, Washington. Myers has been with TCA since 2010 and is responsible for leading the management of all aerospace accounts including the Boeing 787/777/777X programs. His primary roles include the integration of new aerospace programs, long range business planning and marketing strategies in the aerospace sector, and global customer support strategy. He will speak about the background of Toray, their products and processes, the company’s perspectives on the future of carbon fiber, and Toray’s workforce needs and plans in South Carolina. In 2014, Toray Industries, Inc. selected Spartanburg County, S.C. for its next global facility. The $1 billion investment over the next decade is expected to create 500 new jobs and represents one of the largest initial capital investments in South Carolina’s history.
David Reese leads IBM’s Aerospace and Defense Analytics Solutions Unit, and he will speak to the topic of big data and aerospace. His work focuses on how analytics can bring business insights to challenges in engineering manufacturing, supply chain and aftermarket operations. Reese has more than 18 years of industry experience focusing on analytics, product lifecycle management, integration and supply chain solutions. Prior to his current role, Reese held various technical and leadership positions at IBM, including as the Executive IT Architect for Boeing worldwide and a key leader of the early partnership between IBM and Boeing. He also was the creator of IBM’s Aerospace Competency Center, which under his leadership pioneered integrating IBM’s middleware, collaboration and analytics products into the industry process.
The South Carolina Aerospace Conference and Expo are designed to bring together leaders from the aviation industry, government and the investment community. The event highlights South Carolina’s emergence as a top destination for aerospace manufacturing and research and will feature:
- Tours of The McNAIR Center for Aerospace Innovation and Research, the Richland One Challenger Learning Center and the USC Conditioned Based Maintenance Center;
- General sessions on K-12 education initiatives, advanced materials for aerostructures, big data and aerospace and unmanned aerial systems;
- Technology breakout sessions and workforce/industry breakout sessions
The conference is organized by the South Carolina Council on Competitiveness, the McNair Center for Aerospace Innovation and Research at the University of South Carolina, the South Carolina Department of Commerce, the South Carolina Aeronautics Commission and the South Carolina Aviation Association.
The conference agenda is continually updated as new speakers are added. The most current agenda may be found at http://saeu.sc.edu/reg/aerospace/agenda.php .
Registration is now available online and by mail for the 2015 SC Aerospace Conference and Expo. Click on the links below for more information and registration forms.
- Full Conference (No Dinner) | $125
- Full Conference with Aerospace Dinner | $190
- Student | $65 – (student registrants must show valid student ID at the event to get the student rate)
- Student with Aerospace Dinner | $130- (student registrants must show valid student ID at the event to get the student rate)
- $1,250 – 10×10 Standard Exhibitor Booth
- $625 – Non-Profit 10×10 Booth
- $625 – Higher Education 10×10 Booth
- $4,500 – 20×20 Booth
- $6,000 – 20×30 Booth
Each 10×10 booth space includes: 10’x10′ space with post and rail with black curtain, 2 exhibit hall and conference pass, 6′ skirted table, 2 chairs, identification sign. Additional booth furniture, utilities, and layouts are available. Information is in the exhibitor packet online.
SC Aerospace Dinner will be held August 26th, 6:30pm – 8:30pm in the Ballroom at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center.
- Table Sponsorships for the Fourth Annual Industry Dinner Are Available – Table Sponsorship | $750 includes: Logo placement on table, 6 complimentary dinner invitations, VIP guest seating at your table
- Individual Dinner Ticket (No Conference) | $75