WHO WE ARE
NexGen Containers & Shelters is a specialty manufacturer of containers and shelters for both commercial and defense applications. NexGen manufactures a range of modular dry freight shipping containers and shelters using both traditional steel or aluminum, or composite products. Our containers and shelters are used by the US and allied militaries and by commercial users. NexGen designs, manufactures, and modifies high performance containers and shelters that are built to last. We have over 20 years of experience in this industry and our Charleston location is expanding. Come grow with us and work as a team to build NexGen.
The Manufacturing Engineer plays a key role in supporting the achievement of NexGen Containers & Shelters (NG) business objectives by:
- Keeping manufacturing drawings up to date.
- Monitor, track and improve manufacturing processes including welding, painting, abrasive blasting among others.
- Work with suppliers to make improvements.
- Propose, lead, and manage projects such as capital equipment upgrades and process improvements.
A SNAPSHOT OF EXCITING THINGS YOU WILL DO:
- Track and report process failures, issues and successes.
- Present your findings and plans to the operations team.
- Work with shop personnel to understand and improve their work processes.
- Work with suppliers to improve incoming raw materials.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, presentations, e-mail, or in person.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Materials — Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Monitoring Processes, Materials, or Surroundings — Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Growth — Job is high-visibility in the company and you will interact with senior management. This can be a stepping stone to future opportunities in engineering or management.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Associates in engineering
- BS Engineering is preferred.
- 5+ years of work in a manufacturing environment
- Direct experience in managing projects.
- Direct experience in manufacturing process improvements
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) is required.
- Proficiency in Solidworks is preferred.
We take care of our teammates’ professional and personal growth and wellbeing.
Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential during your career journey.
A diverse and inclusive community, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act.
Generous Benefits – comprising health/dental/vision, paid time off, and a 401K retirement plan.
Come grow with us and work as a team to build NexGen.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75-$85k, depending on experience
Schedule: 8 Hour Shift, Monday to Friday
NexGen Containers & Shelters considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state, or local law.
Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
NEXGEN IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
Please contact us at: 843.277.1641 or Contact – NexGen Containers & Shelters
Be the first to comment on "NexGen Containers & Shelters is Hiring: Manufacturing Engineer"