WHO WE ARE
NexGen Containers & Shelters is a specialty manufacturer of containers and shelters for both commercial and defense applications. NexGen manufactures a range of modular dry freight shipping containers and shelters using both traditional steel or aluminum, or composite products. Our containers and shelters are used by the US and allied militaries and by commercial users.
NexGen designs, manufactures, and modifies high performance containers and shelters that are built to last. We have over 20 years of experience in this industry and our Charleston location is expanding. Come grow with us and work as a team to build NexGen.
The Supervisor-Painting plays a key role in supporting the achievement of NexGen Containers & Shelters (NG) business objectives by:
- Safely oversee paint procedures, processes, or policies.
- Safely and efficiently manage workflow and schedule to achieve on-time, quality work.
A SNAPSHOT OF EXCITING THINGS YOU WILL DO:
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Keep records of employees’ attendance and hours worked.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Confer with other supervisors and plant manager to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for employees.
- Observe work and monitor process equipment to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Ensure that workmanship standards are being followed.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production processes
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
- Evaluate employee performance.
- Confer with management or employees to resolve employee problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Assist in determining standards, budgets, production goals, and rates, based on company policies, equipment and labor availability, and workloads.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Maintain operations data, such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
- Recommend or execute personnel actions, such as hirings, evaluations, or promotions.
- Dispose of hazardous waste in appropriate manner
HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Materials — Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Monitoring Processes, Materials, or Surroundings — Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Self-Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Leadership — Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Certification or credential preferred.
- 5+ years of manufacturing and/or painting experience is required.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Ability to follow direction and work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices.
- Preferred: experience on equipment and automation consistent with a metal fabrication, paint, and assembly operation.
- Preferred: bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) is required.
- Good understanding of basic math required for quick and accurate counting and calculations.
- High attention to detail, accuracy, time management, and organization.
- Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, comfortable with multiple competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events in a calm and logical manner.
- Must be able to work safely and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
- The ability to meet the following physical requirements:
- Stand and maintain constant hand/eye coordination along with balance.
- Use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls and talk or hear.
- Walk, stoop, crouch, bend and reach above shoulders.
- Repetitively lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted, above or below shoulder heights and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Temperatures of the work area can vary from cool to warm, depending on the season.
- The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.
We take care of our teammates’ professional and personal growth and wellbeing.
Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential during your career journey.
A diverse and inclusive community, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act.
Generous Benefits – comprising health/dental/vision, paid time off, and a 401K retirement plan.
Come grow with us and work as a team to build NexGen.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: 8 Hour Shift, Monday to Friday
NexGen Containers & Shelters considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state, or local law.
Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
NEXGEN IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
Please contact us at: 843.277.1641 or Contact – NexGen Containers & Shelters
Be the first to comment on "NexGen Containers & Shelters is Hiring: Supervisor – Painting Department"